Painting can breath new life into a room and change the look of it entirely. But if you don’t prepare, painting can be tricky business. With these simple tricks, you’ll love the outcome and may even enjoy the process!
Here’s what you should do:
- Prep your walls. You may think that a new coat of paint will cover any imperfections, but it won’t. In fact, dirty walls can even prevent paint from sticking. Also, be sure to remove any electrical covers and light switch covers before painting.
- Determine how much paint you’ll need. The rule of thumb is that one gallon of paint will cover about 400 square feet. And if you’re still unsure, try a paint calculator.
- Don’t forget about primer. A primer will help your paint look smoother and last longer.
- Use a paint visualizer to help you choose a color. Paint visualizers allow you to upload a picture of the room you want to paint and let you virtually test out different paint colors before you buy paint. That way, you can avoid painter’s remorse. They aren’t perfect, but they’re a great place to start.
- Paint trim, then interior. Don’t skimp on the painter’s tape. And when you paint the interior, work in a “W” shape so that your roller doesn’t leave the wall until you’re ready to dip.
Happy painting!Questions? Contact David Krushinsky Today!